Follow Me On Twitter

Friday, May 24, 2013

Dutch Pancake recipe is practically idiot proof

Photo: Ken Korczak
By KEN KORCZAK

Here is my recipe for Dutch pancake, which makes for a terrific simple breakfast or fare for any time of day.

I like to think my free range eggs make this recipe better than using store-bought eggs obtained from those poor chickens in cramped egg-mill factories which are a crime against decency -- but I'll spare you the lecture today.

Here are the ingredients:

1 cup flour

1/4 cup corn starch

3 eggs

2 tsps lemon juice

2 table spoons vanilla

1 table spoon butter

1 1/4 cup milk

Lemon zest (optional)

Directions

Just mix all the ingredient together any way you want to; that's what I do. Then you need a really hot oven -- 450 degrees, baby, and make sure you preheat the oven before you pop this in.

As you can see in the picture, I used a stainless steel skillet that's about 8 or 9 inches across. I pie plate works, too.

Bake 20 minutes!

Some folks like to serve this with powdered sugar on top. Others like to put syrup on it. Maple syrup is a good choice! Hope you enjoy it!

Now check this out: MINNESOTA PARANORMALA

No comments:

Post a Comment